Pre Wedding and Wedding Photographer
Hello, I am Petr, professional wedding photographer from Prague, born in the Czech Republic. As a local Prague photographer I offer original photo sessions for couples in love.
Photo portfolio - photo slideshow
All of these photos were taken in center of Prague, you can have similar:
I take these kinds of photos
- engagement in Prague
- pre-wedding photos in Prague
- wedding day in the Czech Republic
- photos from Prague honeymoon after your wedding day
- photos just for tourists and fun - for your holiday in Prague
I speak english and czech, but mostly by my pictures!
Enjoy taking photos for couples
For couple photos, the most important for me is your relationship, mood, emotions, fun and natural expressions. The goal is to capture great moments in your own life, not to direct you into dreadful fashion poses. The whole photo session is not about taking photos, but it is actually about you. Everything should be natural and relaxed, playful and in move. You can see in my Prague pre-wedding photos that smile is not enforced, hug is not directed. It is not about staring into a camera, rather it is about enjoying taking photos and spending good time!
I can help you with your make-up, hair-style, wedding dress, gown and tuxedo. However, if it is not your wedding day, your luxury clothes is not important. You can wear simple informal clothes and simple daily make-up. Wedding dress and high heels can cause pain and then it is visible in your face expression. As I always say: it is about you, not about fashion. Often I get great results with simple clothes and just enjoying the pre-wedding photo session (or honeymoon session etc.). On the other side - if you feel comfortable in your formal dress, you can take whatever you want to, of course I will not limit you!
Routes - two options for pre wedding photos in Prague
As I live in Prague for a long time, I know all the well-known places of Prague and even less known places to take romantic, majestic or just interesting photos. Each couple is different, some people prefer taking pre wedding/honeymoon photos in calm, quite greenness of Prague, other couples prefer visiting the center of Prague with all the famous Prague buildings in the background of their captured images. These two options for photo shootings are described in following text:
1. The best from Prague for your photos
This is a photo session in the center of Prague. It is the most favourite route for people from abroad. It does not matter if you plan to visit Prague for pre wedding photography or after your wedding day, because the approach is still the same. I will lead you in a route proven by experiences through streets of Prague, where you will see the most famous buildings of Prague, which you will have captured in the background of your couple photos. For example we will visit a dominant of Prague - monumental Prague Castle, most famous Charles bridge with painters and other artists, nice parks and edge of unforgettable river Vltava. Also we can visit the old-town hall with astronomical clock. Read more information about the best of Prague photo session.
2. Couple photos in Prague parks
This is a photo session in some chosen big park of Prague. Choose this option if you don't mind the streets of the city and Prague architecture. In calm park you can enjoy more intimacy, because significantly less people are around you, you are surrounded by trees and nature. But not much is visible from Prague, usually only some sightseeing viewpoints from higher places. Prague has several beautiful parks which are great for taking photos, the best of them are:
- Havlíčkovy sady
Route points for prewedding photos (the best of Prague route)
- Starting point. Valdštejnská garden - beautiful park under the Prague Castle (right next to "Malostranská" metro - underground train) - garden is named in czech as "Valdštenská zahrada"
- Up to the Prague Castle, with viewpoint above one hundred towers of Prague (that is why Prague is also called the "City of a hundred spires")
- Prague Castle (in czech called "Pražský hrad")
- Optional: Vrtbovská garden (in czech "Vrtbovská zahrada")
- Well famous Charles bridge with historical statues and full of painters and other artists (in czech "Karlův most")
- Again, along the river Vltava (on the second side of river) with Prague Castle and Charles bridge in background - in good position for your photos
- Optional: famous old-town tower's astronomical clock in Staromětské square (clock is called in czech "orloj" in square called "Staroměstské náměstí")
- Optional: taking photos in old streets of Prague - if you will have still time and energy for it, haha
Points 1-5 are 4 kilometers long route in overall. It is all by foot (no cheating with bus or taxi allowed!), I recommend comfortable shoes and good mood!
The best time for taking couple photos
For taking photos in Prague I recommend early morning definitely. Or late afternoon, if you hate waking up early. Both times are good because of light quality - the best direction of light is with low sun, so it is time around sunrise or sunset. Morning is much better for taking photos in center of Prague, because this is only time when streets are empty without people, rushing workers and crowds of tourists. An early morning is surely good choice if you prefer perfect photos rather than your sleeping comfort. Especially place around Prague Castle and Charles bridge is overcrowded very soon. Some people are willing to take photos in the morning, but they fail, usually from these common reasons:
- tourists often underestimate travel time from hotel to the starting point of photo session, so they come with very significant delay
- tourists must wait for a breakfast in the hotel, but it is too late often, thousands of people will be in streets in the same time like you
- tourists hire make-up & hair-style artist, so the process of beauty improvement takes very long time
- man underestimates long time of self-preparation (make-up, selection of shoes and clothes) of woman (OK, but we face this situation every day, haha)
Average temperature in Prague
- January ... -1 °C
- February ... 1 °C
- March ... 4 °C
- April ... 9 °C
- May ... 13 °C
- June ... 16 °C
- July ... 18 °C
- August ... 17 °C
- September ... 14 °C
- October ... 9 °C
- November ... 3 °C
- December ... 0 °C
Looking forward to your couple photos!
I already took pictures of wonderful couples from all the world. Some countries which I was hired for are:
- China and Hong Kong
- the Czech Republic
- Great Britain
- the Slovak Republik
- the United States